Why, Cartoon Network, why?!
TMC
2012-01-03 07:32:06 UTC
http://realwrestlecrap.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display&thread=409043

I thought Level Up was just a one off made for TV movie. Today I
learned that it is going to be an actual regular series on Cartoon
Network?

Don't they remember what happened the last time they went with live
action shows? Their ratings tanked.

So why curse us with yet another live action show?
Starcade
2012-01-03 13:46:13 UTC
http://realwrestlecrap.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=...
I thought Level Up was just a one off made for TV movie. Today I
learned that it is going to be an actual regular series on Cartoon
Network?
Don't they remember what happened the last time they went with live
action shows? Their ratings tanked.
So why curse us with yet another live action show?
Cheaper to make?

Less financial risk??

Mike
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2012-01-03 14:15:43 UTC
Post by TMC
http://realwrestlecrap.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display&thread=409043
I thought Level Up was just a one off made for TV movie. Today I
learned that it is going to be an actual regular series on Cartoon
Network?
Don't they remember what happened the last time they went with live
action shows? Their ratings tanked.
So why curse us with yet another live action show?
As I recall, for reasons known only to the Gods, CN's parent company
has someone in charge of CN who DOESN'T LIKE CARTOONS, and anime in
particular -- thus the death of Toonami, their most popular block of
shows ever, and the move towards live action.
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.livejournal.com
Ian J. Ball
2012-01-03 15:38:27 UTC
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by TMC
http://realwrestlecrap.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display
&thread=409043
I thought Level Up was just a one off made for TV movie. Today I
learned that it is going to be an actual regular series on Cartoon
Network?
Don't they remember what happened the last time they went with live
action shows? Their ratings tanked.
So why curse us with yet another live action show?
As I recall, for reasons known only to the Gods, CN's parent company
has someone in charge of CN who DOESN'T LIKE CARTOONS, and anime in
particular -- thus the death of Toonami, their most popular block of
shows ever, and the move towards live action.
So, Bonnie Hammer, Part Deux, then?...
--
"I'm untouchable, bitch." - Rob Lowe as Drew Peterson,
in "Drew Peterson: Untouchable", on Lifetime, 01/21/11
Arthur Lipscomb
2012-01-03 14:32:17 UTC
Post by TMC
http://realwrestlecrap.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display&thread=409043
I thought Level Up was just a one off made for TV movie. Today I
learned that it is going to be an actual regular series on Cartoon
Network?
Don't they remember what happened the last time they went with live
action shows? Their ratings tanked.
So why curse us with yet another live action show?
Did you see the horrible pilot? They kept promoting the series during
the pilot movie.
Antonio E. Gonzalez
2012-01-17 01:19:59 UTC
Post by TMC
http://realwrestlecrap.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display&thread=409043
I thought Level Up was just a one off made for TV movie. Today I
learned that it is going to be an actual regular series on Cartoon
Network?
It's called a Thinly Disguised Pilot.
Post by TMC
Don't they remember what happened the last time they went with live
action shows? Their ratings tanked.
Lousy marketing will do that. This is also part of why Symbionic
Titan was doomed. See below.
Post by TMC
So why curse us with yet another live action show?
This one can be marketed, it fits their "zany" programing. Paul
Dini explains here why Tower Prep, Unnatural History as well as
Symbionic Titan eventually died:

<http://www.radiorashy.com/radio-rashy-episode-64-2012-and-tower>

--

- ReFlex76